Monday, August 25, 2008

Zephaniah 3:17

A dear friend wrote this song based on the verse below. I had forgotten about it, until I found it just a minute ago. It hit my heart, because I was feeling particularly sad at the moment. Here it is:

The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior...he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing. Zephaniah 3:17 (NAS and ESV)

Come to Me, My love
for I'm strong and I'm mighty
Receive from Me, weak one
True rest for your soul

Take My yoke, My love
It’s light and quite pleasant
Receive the grace I give
Find real rest for your soul
(Matthew 11:28-30)

Abide in Me, My love
For I am the true vine
Receive from Me, My branch
Your life and your fruit

Depend on Me, My son
I have already cleansed you
Abide in My great love
From Me comes Your fruit

(John 15:1-5)

Rest in Me, My child
For I am a warrior
Receive from me, small one
the joy that I give

Trust in Me, My love
To fight your battles for you
Allow me in, My joy
to shout songs over you

Come to Me, Rest in Me, Abide in Me, My child
Receive My love, from above, listen as I sing

I am a warrior, who fights your battles for you
I am a warrior, who treads down your foes
I am a warrior, who shouts and sings over you
I am a warrior, who quiets you by My love

Who I am is all that you need
Who I am is all that you need

No comments: