Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mighty God

"Blessed are You, Lord God of Israel,
our Father, forever and ever.
Yours, O LORD, is the greatness,
The power and the glory,
The victory and the majesty;
For all that is in heaven and in earth is Yours;
Yours is the kingdom, O LORD,
And You are exalted as head over all.
Both riches and honor come from You
And You reign over all.
In Your hand is power and might;
In Your hand it is to make great
And to give strength to all.

Now therefore, our God,
We thank You
And praise Your glorious name.
But who am I, and who are my people,
That we should be able to offer so willingly as this?
For all things come from You,
And of Your own we have given You.
For we are aliens and pilgrims before You...

O Lord our God, all this abundance that we have prepared to build You a house for Your holy name is from Your hand and is all Your own.
I know also, my God, that You test the heart and have pleasure in uprightness. As for me, in theuprightness of my heart, I have willingly offered all these things; and now with joy I have seen Your people, who are present here to offer willingly to You."
-1 Chronicles 29:11-17

God, how amazing and wonderful it is to offer everything back to You. You have freely given, I will freely give back.
Lord, it is so reassuring to know that provision and wealth do not come from striving, from my own works, or from me at all. No, riches and honor come from You. And I will do my best to honor You with my money, my time, and my life.
God, I trust You.
I don't trust me.
I don't trust my plans.
I don't trust human ambition.
I trust You. And I know that my life is in Your hands. And I know that where I go You will bless...or move me in another direction. You will provide. Also, I believe that You will abundantly provide that I may abundantly give.
I feel like the dreams that You've been putting on my heart and the season that is just around the corner is one of extravagance and abundance: abudant love, provision, and blessing.
I may not see it, understand it, or quite wrap my mind around it, but, God, I believe it!

No comments: