Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Another amazing week...

This week, I got to see Jesus move.

Two ladies from the states came to join us for a week of ministry. Long story short, we had three days of intensive training and it was awesome! Without going into too much detail, here are the highlights:

-Wednesday night, we had prayer with the youth. Sue began giving words of knowledge to all the kids. I swear my mouth must've hit the floor. Even cooler, I started getting words too. And it was amazing to see how Sue would speak out to one kid exactly what the Holy Spirit would whisper to me or something that completely complemented what I was receiving.

-Teaching on spiritual gifts. We got to live it out and learn while we went!

-Watching Violetta, a pastor's wife from one of the other churches, get healed when we prayed! Whoop whoop (this cheer is your influence, Veronique!)!

-Karaoke night in Ferizaj with the youth group. Let's just say, as a musician, it can be very...challenging to sit quietly and listen as songs are intentionally being butchered before your very ears.

-TiranaFest! Genti, three girls, and I drove to Albania on Saturday morning for the Luis Palau Festival in Tirana. Awesome. Exhasting. Best part in my opinion, hands down, was the miracle we experienced crossing the border. Theoretically, kids under a certain age are supposed to have a notarized document saying that their parents are allowing them to leave the country with another adult. However, in the past, they've taken the documents and haven't needed them. So this time, Genti didn't stress it. But the border guards did. After being told we couldn't go through, we prayed with the girls, believed in faith, talked to someone else, and (45 minutes later) got through! Praise Jesus! What a faith building experience for the girls!

-Treasure Island. After getting home on Sunday completely and totally beat, I had to unwind. So I tried a classic I hadn't read; it was a good choice.

-Coffee and conversation with Nesha. The more time I spend with my roommate, the more I absolutely adore her. She is an absolute treasure! I feel so very blessed to live with her in this season. And this was a great escape from responsibility, as both of us were so exhausted that we didn't want to do anything productive. We were both feeling some serious adrenaline letdown after an intense week. So we went out for coffee...which was productive; we were building relationship. :)

Much love to you all! Thank you for all of your prayers; I can't tell you how much they mean to me. I need them!

Katelyn

No comments: