Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Amazed

Found this blog that I started, but never posted. Thought it really hit the nail on the head:

Tonight I went to the Easter service at Westside. Pastor Ken talked about being amazed. During worship, the Holy Spirit began to highlight some stuff to me. We sang the song, More than Amazing, and the words really hit me.

You walked upon the water
You calmed the raging seas
You command the highest mountain
to fall to its knees....
Forgetting all our sin
You remember Your promises
You are amazing
More than amazing

"Katelyn," He whispered, "gaping at the mountains won't move them. It's only when you--not only look to me--but are amazed by me that the mountains will begin to move."

Then I realized something: saying without conviction, "Yeah...God's big enough" isn't enough for those mountains to move. It's only when I am genuinely, truly, wonderfully amazed at the grandeur of my God that things will begin to change. It's foolish of me to live my life NOT amazed. If I do, I'll be missing the whole point. You see, we cannot truly spend time with the Lord--seeking Him, discovering Him, following Him, worshiping Him--without being amazed. Genuinely being with Jesus always equals amazement. Because when I get a glimpse of who He is, I cannot help but be amazed.

This brings up the somewhat troubling question: if so little of my life is spent in a state of amazement, how little time must I actually be spending with God?

Thoughts?



No comments: