Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Rest, Wait, Knock

To make a long story short, I went to Seattle this week because God said, "go." It's kind of been a "knocking on doors" trip, so to speak. I still don't have all the answers I necessarily hoped for, but it's been a pretty amazing trip so far.
I think the thing that the Holy Spirit is most trying to teach me--and I confess, I haven't learned very well--is to rest in Him because He knows what He's doing. I feel as if I have to have every last detail figured out and the fact that the future is a mystery is both overwhelming and frustrating to me. Nevertheless, the future will ALWAYS be a mystery, even if I think I have it all figured out. After all, it's impossible to fully know what tomorrow holds.
So, even though it goes against every natural instinct in me, I am going to rest.
Knock. Wait. Rest.
Rest in the knocking.
Rest in the waiting.
Rest in the unknown.
Rest in the mystery
I'm going to rest in the God who knows what He's doing.

No comments: