Monday, June 11, 2012

How He Loves

It's amazing how in a matter of moments I can go from extremely joyful and happy to exhausted, overwhelmed, and weepy. I think there comes a point when the choice becomes remarkably harder to make. When my energy's high, it's easier to choose joy. And yes, I firmly believe joy is a choice. When I'm drained, worn down, and am reminded of something that hurts...it's like this giant wall crashing down on me and crushing my joy. As I was writing that last sentence, the song on Pandora starting playing, "How He Loves." Now this...is my song. And I just stopped. And listened. And breathed in His love. 

Cause here's the thing: no matter what my circumstances, no matter how I feel, no matter what I'm dealing with...He loves me. 

And ya know? Even a long/hard day...month...couple of months...isn't enough to crush my joy. Here's a little secret I'll clue you in on: joy isn't crushable. It's squishy and pliable and moldable and will conform to whatever circumstances you find yourself in. Joy can't be beat by a collapsing wall. It doesn't matter how many walls come crashing down...He still loves me. And that will never ever ever EVER change. There you have it. Beneath all that rubble...there still is and always will be that uncrushable, undefeatable, radiant glimmer of joy. And that, my friends, is enough.

No comments: