Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Two New Life Verses

"Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland."
-Isaiah 43:18-19

"For He will come like a pent-up flood
that the breath of the Lord drives along."
-Isaiah 59:19

The first verse is so wonderful to me because there is such freedom in it. My past does not define me. What has happened before is gone and dead. I can leave it there.
The rest of the verses speak of freedom and hope. God is bringing refreshing to a barren desert. My life has been a barren desert for a long time. But He is bringing healing and life to a broken soul.
I love the second verse, because so many things in my life have felt pent up, boxed, and stagnant. But the dam is about to break, and my heart is about to be overwhelmed. Even now, I can feel the water begin to trickle on my face...Oh God, open the floodgates and let it rain!

No comments: